My Favorite Weight Loss Snacks

I cannot tell you the number of times during the past twenty years that I started diets, only to fall off the wagon two to three weeks down the line and pile all the weight back on again! Then last May I had another go, only this time on my terms, slowly and without depriving myself of everything at once. The one thing I decided fairly early on, was to make sure I had in the house a number of snacks that would take the place of the biscuits, cakes and chocolates that I had got into the habit of grazing on. If you're trying to lose weight, these are my top 5 recommendations:

1. Nuts and raisins. Most weight loss programs don't include these as they are fairly high in calories, but eaten in a small quantity (a handful) they fill you up until the next main meal and don't cause the slump in energy that you can get an hour after eating junk food.

2. Bananas. Easy to grab on the run or on your way into the office. They are very filling and have a low GI, so energy is released slowly rather than all in one hit. I made sure that I always had a banana in my bag for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.

3. Porridge. Again, a slow burner, which kept me full from breakfast through till lunch. Add a spoonful of honey and some cinnamon for a truly delicious start to the day.

4. Snack a Jacks. I don't know about you, but I sometimes just have to have a crisp! I crave the salt and the crunch factor. Luckily, these have less fat then the normal variety of crisp. Throw these into your shopping trolley and you'll feel far less guilty than if you were to eat the full fat version.

5. Crumpets. Ok, so I'm a Brit and I like my crumpets! Did you know they are very low in fat? Ideal for a weekend mid-afternoon tea when the family are digging into their scones and jam - we live in Devon which is renowned for cream teas, so not an easy place to diet in! Put a teaspoon of jam on the top (but no butter) and you won't feel so deprived. Also a good bet when you are craving carbohydrates and want a low-calorie alternative to cakes and biscuits.

So, that's my top five list of diet snacks. Just remember, everything in moderation and you will get to your goal!
Check out my other top diet tips on my How I lost weight blog at http://www.howilostweight.co.uk.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Rebecca_Jane_Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment